2021 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity
Take on the work week with the capable Chevy Silverado towing capacity. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,300 pounds, and the Silverado 1500 payload reaches up to a maximum of 2,280 pounds. With the help of a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a host of towing features, the Silverado comes out to be one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks on the road around Issaquah. Explore the Chevy Silverado towing capacity with the team at North Bend Chevrolet and see which innovative features will help you power through the work week and weekend adventures.
Chevy Silverado: Engine Options
Bellevue drivers can find the perfect engine that matches their driving style. The Silverado 1500 payload reaches up to 2,280 pounds and the power behind the Silverado 1500 towing capacity is thanks to the stunning performance across a couple different engine options:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard engine for the Silverado 1500 provides 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. The maximum Silverado 1500 towing capacity for this engine is 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Get a charged 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque with this engine. Drivers looking to increase their engine efficiency will enjoy this engine and the maximum towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This engine option allows drivers to let loose with 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, and towing power is increased to up to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Liven up the Snoqualmie workload with this V8 engine. This V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, and with this model equipped, drivers can make the most of the maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim).
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: Drivers who prefer a diesel powertrain will be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. With this engine, use 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque to take on the roads around North Bend.
Chevy Silverado: Capable Towing Features
Whether drivers depend on their vehicle to get them through the jobsite or enjoy the excitement it gives to their weekend adventures, the Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to handle all challenges. With the host of intuitive towing features, it makes towing up and hauling even easier. Let’s take a look at some of the available towing features:
- Trailering Package: Standard with the Chevy Silverado 1500 is a trailering package that includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Select trims offer this additional package that includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Increase visibility around Issaquah with the purchase of extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks.
Explore the Chevy Silverado 1500 at North Bend Chevrolet!
Experience the power of the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 for yourself. Want to learn more about the Silverado 1500 payload and towing? Contact us to schedule your test drive today! Looking to further customize your truck? Explore the GM Accessories and see how you can protect your interior with floor liners, expand your cargo space with cargo management tools, or even boost performance with brake system upgrade kits and exhaust upgrade packages. While you’re here, don’t forget to research our other Chevy models. We even have a Chevy Tahoe vs. Chevy Suburban comparison guide for your convenience!